The Moment of Connection in Rowing Podcast (The Catch)
In this episode, Lachlan and Ken discuss the moment of connection. The moment of connection is the point when the rower starts driving the boat forward and is an essential component of "The catch". This part of the stroke is over quickly and is done very well by elite crews and very poorly by novice crews. When racing the moment of connection often decides the podium.
This episode's information is a discussion of the videos on the "Catch connection" page of the Decent Rowing library under the heading "Moment of Connection".
If you would like to see all the videos referred to in this episode log in or sign up. Once logged in, click on the heading "Catch Connection", you will find the videos under the subheading "Moment of Connection." If you haven't tried our membership, we have a 1 week completely free trial (no credit card required).
Sign up for a Decent Rowing Membership and you will get:
- Access to our rowing library of over 850 videos
- Training programs and powerful training program builder (for building customized programs)
- Detailed indoor and on-water rowing courses (perfect for beginners and parents)
- Indoor and On-water wall charts
- Ask us your rowing questions
- Full technical support
- Money-back guarantee